bitstream error when using ethernet core on Genesys 2

dk_vhd

Question

I am following example: https://reference.digilentinc.com/genesys2/gsmbs with my new Genesys 2 board.

However, Vivado gives bitstream generation error as:

INFO: [Common 17-349] Got license for feature 'Implementation' and/or device 'xc7k325t'
INFO: [Common 17-83] Releasing license: Implementation
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
system_i/axi_ethernet_0/U0/eth_mac/U0/tri_mode_ethernet_mac_i/bd_4bad_eth_mac_0_core (tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0_4)

I believe I should be able to use evaluation license to generate bitstream to program Genesys 2.

Can somebody help?

1 answer to this question

Hi dk_vhd,

You should be able to use the evaluation license to generate a bitstream. I assume that you've followed the guide on installing an evaluation license for the TEMAC IP already. After speaking to one of my teammates who has had plenty of licensing issues for this very IP, I found out that there are several versions of the license. You could try installing all these licenses and see if bitstream generation works.

It wouldn't hurt to double check that you've installed the design edition of Vivado, because that is another thing that you need in order for bitstream generation to work.

Please let me know if this helps you in any way, or if we need to troubleshoot some more. I'm glad to help!
Andrew

Archived