Reading in Digital Data

James B

Question

I am using the Digilent Waveforms package for LabVIEW 2020 (32 bit) for the Electronics Explorer board. I have two related questions. 

I am using the "DWF Dig Read" VI, and I realize it outputs a 1D array of booleans, which I interpret as the current state of the digital lines. How do I get a kind of digital waveform and observe the digital signals over a period of time?  

Also, the "DWF Read and Write VIs" have a setting for the lines they are writing to/observing. I see that on my Electronics Explorer board, I have 4 digital banks.  However, in the example VI for digilent in LabVIEW, the input is: "dig/0:7", how does it know which bank to use? I guess I am overall a bit confused on how to use the digital banks then. 

Thank you for all the help! 

1 answer to this question

Hi @James B

The FDwfDigitalInSampleFormatSet configures the number of bits per sample. This is by default set to the number of DIO lines available on the device, for EExplorer this should 32.
The FDwfDigitalInStatusData data argument, for 32bit sampling, should be set to 32 bit unsigned integer array. In this case CountOfBytes to 4 * NumberOfSamples

image.thumb.png.58792994e2c3103274ec8e51d74eaeea.png

image.thumb.png.31be039876801fa8bf880d80b88660b7.png

image.png.071cc3f4fe756a2748db4a8a816e191c.png

Archived