Arty a7 35t problem triggering timer interrupt with freeRTOS

hdx

Question

Hi,

I am trying to trigger a Timer interrupt in a very high speed few thousand times to read an adc whenever I start the pwm signal. I am running an RTOS with 3 different tasks and want that during runtime I'll be able to send a request to start a pwm signal and enable timer interrupts to start also. However, whenever I do this, the RTOS tasks start to act weird and start to run continously when the task should run each 10 seconds. What I guess is that there is some kind of out of sync that happens or something that triggers the tasks to run the whole time? What could have happened?

1 answer to this question

Hi again, 

I have now continued, and when now running the timer interrupts the rtos tasks seem to stop working. When the timer has finished with the interrupts needed it stops and then nothing happens. When debugging the rtos tasks it seem like they have stopped running after the timer interrupt were triggered. Why is that?

Moreover I have now noticed that there is a xintc definition inside the rtos files in xilinx sdk. Should I be using these or can I still declare each modules own xintc variable?

Archived