Nexys 3 Can't add Digilent Shared Memory Bus from BSP 2.8

Azebe

Question

Hey,

to implement my design I want to add the "Digilent Shared Memory Bus" from the BSP version 2.8. But when i want to add the Block while using the Base System Builder of XPS 14.7 nothing happens. 

Does anybody know what I need to do, to use this core in my design? 

Greetings,

Jonas

Unbenannt.JPG

6 answers to this question

Hi Jonas,

Sorry for the late response. When I opened a Base System Builder project it started with the Digilent Shared Memory Bus. I would suggest to manually install the ipxact at

"<Xilinx_Install_Dir>\<EDK_Version>\ISE_DS\EDK\data\wizards\" described in the readme test

in Nexys3_BSB_Support_v_2_8\Digilent_AXI_IPCore_Support_v_1_35.

I also followed the Nexys3_AXI_BSB_Support pdf in the Nexys3_BSB_Support_v_2_8\Nexys3_AXI_BSB_Support folder.

Hopefully this resolves the issue!

thank you,

Jon

base_system_builder.jpg

base_system_builder2.jpg

base_system_builder3.jpg

base_system_builder4.jpg

One more question:
I am able to write to the Celluar RAM with a pointer to XPAR_DIGILENT_SHARED_MEM_BUS_MUX_PSRAM_BASEADDR.

I thought that i can to the same with the flash (XPAR_DIGILENT_SHARED_MEM_BUS_MUX_FLASH_BASEADDR) but this doesn't work.

I used the memory_test template from XSDK too. It was failed for the parallel pcm and passed for the cellular RAM.

Can i use this PCM memory in the same way like the cellular RAM?

Best regards,

Jonas

Hi  Jonas,

The flash cannot be accessed like the Celluar RAM. It is a command line interface with specific registers. The Datasheet for the parallel PCM device (Micron part number NP8P128A13T1760E)  is attached and describes how to use the parallel PCM device.

datasheet.pdf

thank you,

Jon

Archived