Pmod SD with Vivado 2019

specpro30

Question

Hi there,

I've been trying to get the Pmod SD to work in Vivado 2019 with both the Arty A7100 and Nexus Video.  Getting the following error message for both hardware platforms when the "Run As" command is executed in the SDK:

35883942_Screenshot2020-09-28at6_58_14PM.thumb.png.d94951640fc8bc75c23beb586f815cdf.png

Also, while the bitstream is being generated there are a few warnings that say that the package was not generated with the same hardware and that the project settings should be updated to match.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Edited by specpro30

Hi JColvin,

Many thanks for the two videos they are very clear and easy to follow.  Unfortunately, there's still a problem in the SDK.  I'm getting these errors after creating New Project Application.  I notice that the Buidling Workspace process is very short compared to your video.  When I regenerate BSP sources the Building Workspace process seems to not run.  I think we've narrowed down the problem to the SDK now.  What can I do to overcome these issues?

Cheers

768485927_Screenshot2020-10-31at1_01_00PM.thumb.png.62657b62d5ea5fc0ffc2e942e67c45ad.png

On 10/14/2020 at 6:53 AM, JColvin said:

Hi @specpro30,

I think the Pmod SD has not been updated to work with the Vivado and Vitis 2020.1, or at least I have not been able to get the project to successfully build on Vitis even with the updated library available on our GitHub here: https://github.com/Digilent/vivado-library/tree/v2020.1. Our content creator is looking into what needs to be changed in the Makefile.

The archived project was probably made for a different board and had the interrupt controller on Microblaze enabled; I personally never use the archived projects for any of our Pmods.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin, 

By the way, when will the Pmod SD be updated to work for Vivado and Vitis 2020.1?

Cheers!

Hello there :),

i was wondering if there is any new insight on whether the PmodSD - IP is or will work on newer versions than 2019.1?

I tried the PmodSD IP in Vivado 2019.1 and got it working, but in 2021.2 i get similar problems as @specpro30 described. Like

"undefined reference to `vtable for DXSPISDVOL' "

Also, has anyone an idea how to get this IP up and running with petalinux? The existing driver is only for baremetal apps as far as i understnad.

Would be super nice if someone could provide more information on that :)

Thanks !

Wale

Edited by Wale93