AD2 "Device Used By Another Application"

jtoakes52

Question

I recently damaged my AD2 (and my computer) by having a high voltage surge which killed the usb chip on the AD2 as well as the ferrite beads and the usb controller on the computer. I have replaced the usb chip and ferrites on the AD2, and replaced the computer. Now Waveforms recognizes that there is an AD2 connected and shows a serial number, but after a few moments Waveforms presents the error message " Device Opening Failed. The device is being used by another application. Device Programming Failed."

The computer is running Linux Mint 20, and I have installed Adept V2.20.2 and Waveforms 3.14.3.

I know that there may be more damage to the hardware, but this seems like possibly a software problem. I kind of feel like if I can communicate with the board, I may be able to find the rest of the hardware issues. Does anybody have a solution? Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

If I do need to replace the FPGA, what is the correct part number? I see in the documentation the p/n  XC6SLX16-1L, but I don't see that part number at Digi-Key. I do see the number  XC6SLX16-L1CPG1961, and a few other parts with LICXXXXX that are unstocked. Will XC6SLX16-L1CPG1961 work here?

Archived