r2tjandr

AD2-Impedance Analyzer, Automatically Selecting Reference Resistors in Python

Question

Hi,

I am trying to implement a script in Python that will sweep through a frequency range for a specific duration of time. I will be measuring impedances that will change over different a few orders of magnitude randomly over time (roughly 30 ohms - 20k ohm). In the SDK, there is an option to set the impedance mode to Adapter. by using the following line:

dwf.FDwfAnalogImpedanceModeSet(hdwf, c_int(8))

Does this automatically set the reference resistors as well (like it does on Waveforms)? Or do I have to implement the auto-ranging myself? If the latter is true, is there an example script on how to implement this in the SDK? 

Thank you

3 answers to this question

5 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @r2tjandr

In IA mode (8) the reference resistor of the IA Adapter is changed with the FDwfAnalogImpedanceReferenceSet function.

Hi @attila

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a function for automatic reference resistor selection, similar to the Waveforms application?

Thanks

Hi @r2tjandr

Such reference resistor selection should be easy to implement in custom software.
You have a Script example for under Custom Mode, which adjusts the amplitude and selects resistor value. The Amplitude mode is implemented similar to this.

image.png.b1919061c78f46cd50b38efae2a9803e.png