BNC Adapter Schematic

Shalom

Question

I was hoping that I could still use the W1 and W2 channels through the flywires, when using the BNC Adapter, and use the BNC connectors with the scope probes.  This is due to the fact that I have limited cabling.  It looks like it's not possible to use W1 and W2 through the flywires when connected to the BNC Adapter.  I was hoping to verify that by seeing the schematic.  Is that available or can someone from Digilent verify this.  Thanks, Shalom

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, attila said:

Hi @Shalom

On the BNC adapter the Scope and Wavegen outputs are only available on the BNC connectors.
You can see the NC labels on the PCB and the traces. You can find the schematic at:
https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/instrumentation/bnc-adapter-board/start

Bummer, I was hoping it would pass through to the flywires also.  Any chance that functionality could be added in the future (as long as it doesn't affect the signal integrity)?  Thanks for pointing me to the schematic... I totally missed it the first I looked there.  Cheers, Shalom

Hi @Shalom

Routing the Scope lines on the BNC adapter also to the wire end would highly increase the capacitance, making it incompatible with 10x probe, and it would provide single ended channels. The Wavegen outputs have zero impedance, so these could be routed without major implications, but for similarity these are also only available on the BNC connectors.

5 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @Shalom

Routing the Scope lines on the BNC adapter also to the wire end would highly increase the capacitance, making it incompatible with 10x probe, and it would provide single ended channels. The Wavegen outputs have zero impedance, so these could be routed without major implications, but for similarity these are also only available on the BNC connectors.

That makes a lot of sense about the scope lines... thanks for the explanation!  It'd be great to put the Wavegen lines into the suggestion box for future revs of the BNC Adapter :) 

This is my first semester having my students use the AD2 (with adapter and probes) at the university and it would just be a nice option for them.  Thanks again ?

Archived