Cannot gather data from Waveforms live

Hi all,

I recently got my OpenScope MZ and was able to successfully set it up and gather data last week. However, after trying to do a few trial runs with the device last night, I noticed that it can no longer gather data properly even though the device is turned on. Furthermore, nothing happens whenever I click the "Single" or "Run" buttons in Waveforms live. It just gets stuck (with the red LD1 light on the board turned on during the entire time) and often times the only solution I have is to abort the operation (find a screenshot of this attached below). In only a few instances, I also noticed that, after waiting long enough (often 5+ to 10+ minutes at a time), WaveForms live does return data but in the form of wacky graphs that don't make any sense (find a screenshot of a sample fo this attached below as well). I tried rebooting the device and its configuration over and over again and nothing happens.

I'm using a 2017 Mac Book Pro, and I'm using a USB-C dongle to connect it to the mtm Micro-USB to USB cable. I mention this because, while my Mac is detecting the OpenScope MZ, it appears that only 12 Mb/s are going into it, which is far below the 60 Mb/s that would be considered normal for a "High-speed" USB connection like the one the Scope seems to require. (find a screenshot of that attached below as well.

What could I do to fix this issue? Do y'all think the problem is hardware-bound or software-bound? What am I doing wrong?

Find screenshots of Waveforms being stuck in the "armed" mode, the wacky graph, and my Mac's USB device tree stats attached below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.34.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.12.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 11.32.28 AM.png

Hi @Gus,

I'm not certain what's causing this issue, though the fact that it's running at USB Full-speed rather than USB High-speed is almost certainly the reason that it is acting the way it is.

What version of the Digilent Agent do you have? You might also try running the Digilent Agent with Admin privileges, though if it was working previously (presuming it was running at USB High-speed data rates before), I don't know what effect that will have.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived