Using Script For Vgs, Vds and measuring Id with scope

pmelin01@ucy.ac.cy

Question

Hello, i need help with using the script in "WaveForms" . I dont know much about java script but i need to make a gui to put my data in there and to get the characteristic curves of a transistor!

Im planning to give Vgs and Vds and measure with the scope the voltage off a resistor near the drain to calculate the Id. Then i will need to have as an output the charactiristic curve of the result.

My questions are: 1) How to make tha user input in the gui the value of the channel in the wavegen?

2) How to make the gui bigger, to have many buttons and options? (ex. Set Vgs: , Set Vds: , Get Results. In one window only)

Im still in the very beginning of my project but i really have some problemm with the script editor and combing them all together.

Does anyone knows how to do this? Thank you!

Here is my code:

clear()

if(!('Wavegen' in this) || !('Scope' in this)) throw "Please open a Scope and a Wavegen instrument";

var ch1;

var ch2;

Wavegen1.Channel1.Mode.text = "Simple";

ch1 = Wavegen1.Channel1.Simple.Amplitude.value;

Tool.getNumber("Vgs",ch1);

Wavegen1.Channel2.Mode.text = "Simple";

ch2 = Wavegen1.Channel2.Simple.Amplitude.value;

Tool.getNumber("Vds",ch2);

Wavegen1.run();

3 answers to this question

Ok thank you!

That was VERY helpful. 

But now if i want to use the scope to measure a voltage drop in a resistor, how to get the result of it and express on a plot everything? (vds, vgs, and Id)

The Id i think is an equation to transform the voltage drop . 

But how to measure with the scope and use the plot to make the charactiristic curve?

Archived