Nexys Video FMC pinout

hellgate202

Question

I want to buy Nexys Video board to pair it with FT602 FMC card UMFT602X-B

In UMFT602X-B datasheet is written that it is compatible for most FPGA devkits with FMC connector and they provide SP601/SP701 kit as example.

Will Nexys Video FMC connector also be compatible. I'm worried because it provide GTP transceivers lanes where SP701 doesn't and they can overlap each other.

1 answer to this question

5 hours ago, hellgate202 said:

I want to buy Nexys Video board to pair it with FT602 FMC card UMFT602X-B

I know that the FT601 FMC modules work with the Nexys Video, as does the FTDI demo designs for the modules. Curiously, the UMFT602X-B only has a Spartan-6 demo design available. That's curious for a new device that didn't exist in the heyday of the Spartan6. At least this deserves some investigation. Based on past experience, and nothing else, I'd assume that there is a reason for this and that you have work to do before spending money and time on a module.

I don't get your concern about FMC transceivers. None of the FTDI USB 3.x devices use transceivers as part of the interface. The datasheets for the modules have schematics for you to confirm connectivity, which won't necessarily imply compatibility.

Archived