Vitis update 2020.1.1 fails

CurtisNotestine

Question

I'm trying to download the latest version of Vitis and it fails. I get the message: "Could not locate ...\bin\setup-boot-loader.bat"

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1909 (OS Build 18636.10.1016), 64-bit

Steps prior to this failure:

1. I successfully downloaded Vivado 2020.1 and it runs ok.
  2. Downloaded Xilinx_Vivado_Vitis_Update_2020.1.1_0805_2247.tar.gz and extracted the files.
  3. Tried running xsetup.exe and first get the warning: "Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. This app may put your PC at risk."
  4. Selected "Run anyway"
  5. Then got the message about not finding setup-boot-loader.bat
  6. The xsetup.exe file was there, but the setup-boot-loader.bat file was not

My thanks in advance for solutions to this problem.

Curtis

VitisDownloadError.jpg.68326d9b599404a8cb9efa96f0b7eeab.jpg

1 answer to this question

Hi @CurtisNotestine,

For these sorts of updates (installing additional boards, updating to a newer version, etc.) I almost always go through the Xilinx Information Center which should already be installed on your machine. Attempting to manually download the installation either through the Vivado GUI or from the Xilinx site directly tends to result in some sort of complication like the one you experienced.

Though, as noted in the 2020.1.1 update, https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html, unless you are using one of the devices listed you don't need to update your Vivado installation.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived