Is AD2 programmble? like through vhdl coding

Liur1996

Question

Hello all

My question is whether the AD2 is programmable or has to be used with the software such as waveform and other to make it work. I need to use the ADC on it and process the signal through an averaging filter, down conversion and process the digitized signal through some equations, can these functions be added into AD2 so I can connect the AD2 on to the signal source and spit out the relevant data through usb to labview.

Kind regards

3 answers to this question

Hi @Liur1996,

The Analog Discovery 2 is only programmable through the WaveForms software, though there is a set of VIs that will let you control the Analog Discovery 2 through LabVIEW as well.

I have moved your question to a different section of the forum where the engineer most familiar with the WaveForms software will be able to see and respond to any questions you might have.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thank you, so I am unable to program the AD2 to lets say have the ADC digitize the input and store them into a specific register, and then retrieve it to be used in calculating equation.  can the script editor in the waveform software allow me to do that? As for the labview what sort of control can i get over the AD2? is it going to be most data display or can i do something deeper like calculation and filters.

Hi @Liur1996

The average sampling method can be selected, it is the default in the WaveForms app / Scope.
You can also "Add Channel" / Math / Filter.... see pics below

The AD2 is an instrumentation device, it does not provide access to program custom logic in its FPGA.
For ADC/DAC Zynq-FPGA development the Eclypse Z7 is intended:

https://store.digilentinc.com/eclypse-z7-zynq-7000-soc-development-board-with-syzygy-compatible-expansion/

image.png.5027d669451e0af04b4faa25d905e8af.png

image.png.74d1817f5cd246a1cd6722d03468567a.png

image.png.af6a147007e7a5d6ced03360ea8cb238.png

Archived