Need to add Zybo as custom board in MATLAB 2020

mainak

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi @mainak,

In the interest of clarifying though it sounds like you already know this information, since the Zybo Z7-10 is not already supported based on the list MATLAB has on their website (link) as you already surmised, you will need that custom file for the board (described in these two links here and here). Digilent does not have this file (and did not create any of the existing ones on the MATLAB website), but perhaps somebody else on our Forum has one. I don't recall seeing this though.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks Colvin  for the information . I have gone through the tutorial but  the board is not getting detected . I have followed the link alongwith yours provided info. 

"https://www.mathworks.com/help/hdlcoder/examples/define-and-register-custom-board-and-reference-design-for-zynq-workflow.html#d120e21038"

But after using MATLAB linux into the SD card and and configuring as per Zybo definition . we need to use xilinx HDL coder  hardware support package which is explicitly written for Z7020 . So,the baord is not getting after generating bit-stream. 

see the stage by errors here . I have resolved some but still the final problem persists . Board is not getting detected. 

Warning Embedded Coder Support Package for Xilinx Zynq Platform is not installed. Please make sure it is installed in order to run task "Generate Software Interface Model".

Passed Set Target Device and Synthesis Tool.

Insert JTAG MATLAB AS axi MASTER (hdl vERIFIER required ) : OFF

Failed Embedded Coder Support Package for Xilinx Zynq Platform is not installed. Please make sure it is installed in order to run task "Generate Software Interface Model".

Cannot connect to "Zynq hardware". Details: Could not connect to the hardware over Serial Port.
Check that USB cable is plugged into 'USB-to-UART' port of the hardware and the power switch is turned on.
If this error persists, switch off the hardware, wait for 10 seconds, switch on the hardware and then repeat this step.
Component:Simulink | Category:Model error

Can you please suggest some way out. 

Hi @mainak,

I don't believe anybody at Digilent has MATLAB installed so we're not readily able to test anything, so we'll be of limited help in this (my understanding is that Digilent didn't create any of the hardware support that is present in MATLAB or has any experience with it), but I'll see what I can clarify.

The link you provided in your last post is specifically for the original Zybo rather than the Zybo Z7-10 so a number of the FPGA pins are not assigned to the same location (such as the buttons). It looks like the only pre-made HDL coder for Zynq for a Digilent board (based on this page) is for a Zedboard as you already noted. From what I can tell, you would need to create it's own HDL coder support package (some links that I found related to this here, here, and here along with registering a board here).

As for your specific errors, based on this page from MathWorks, you will need to download the Embedded Coder Support Package (link).

Unfortunately, I don't have much more experience beyond this though.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived