How to Get the Correct C++ Version Working With SDx

schoechm

Question

Hello, pardon me if this is a stupid question, I'm a student going to work on my master project/thesis with a Zybo Z7-20 Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC and only slowly learning the ropes of this. A previous student already wrote a lot of code for this and I'm trying to get the dependencies right so I can get it to run on my board, however, I am having problems with the C++ version. The program is based on the reVISION-Zybo-Z7-20 v2017.4-3 sample project, Live Video Demo for Pcam. My predecessor recommended me to use this project as a basis for the project he made and then copy/replace the source folder with his, which I did. However, trying to build the project I get an error, because the sample demo uses C++ 6.7, but the code of my predecessor uses the type "constexpr", which requires C++ 11 (or higher). I've tried to find a solution for this on my own, however I've really been stumped on how I can get C++ 11or higher imported into SDx. I would be grateful if someone can help me out!

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, schoechm said:

A previous student already wrote a lot of code for this and I'm trying to get the dependencies right so I can get it to run on my board

I'm assuming that said 'previous student' is unavailable for interrogation under bright lights and strapped to a chair. The first question that I'd as is if the code that was written was ever used on hardware. Then I'd try to see if said 'previous student' left any notes about what he did while working on the project.

Sometimes trying to replicate someone else's past work is harder ( takes longer ) than just doing it for yourself.

C++11 is referring to standard not compiler version. There is no C++ 6.7 standard. Please clarify your statements. When you are referring to compiler version(which compiler?) and when you are referring to standard.

Probably you are looking for -std=c++11 which probably version 6.7 of your compiler has support for it.

Hello, I have been trying to look into this more and get back in contact with my predecessor. Unfortunately I have not been able to reach him so far. I have checked the compiler in the SDx build settings, according to this it is the arm linux gnueabi gcc compiler, and the version of it (I was mistaken before) is 6.2.1, as used in the demo project the project of my predecessor is based on. I'm not really sure if I am looking in the right place, though. Thanks already for the answers so far!

Archived