Analog Discovery 2 Device Not Recognized

maz

Question

One of my coworkers Analog Discovery 2's has recently stopped working.  It appears that the device is not being recognized by the Device Manager. 

So far I have tried finding the device via the Waveforms device manager, restarting the computer, testing with different USB cables, testing with different USB ports and using an external 5V supply for the AD2.  None of the above has been successful and I am suspecting that there may be an issue with the driver.  Below is a picture of the Device Manager Error Messages I am seeing.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AD_Errors.png

3 answers to this question

Hi @maz,

I have moved your question to a more appropriate section of the forum.

Based on what you have said you have tried, I believe you have done all of the troubleshooting steps that I would normally recommend. The engineer much more familiar with the WaveForms software and the Analog Discovery 2 who regularly checks this forum may have some alternate steps that you can try.

Looking at the screenshots, I presume you/your co-worker are using Windows 10?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @maz

The "device descriptor request failed" indicates that the device attach is detected but the low level USB communication fails.
1. It could be an USB contact issue with cable, connector on host or device side.
Try other cable, other host connector, inspect the connector in the device. It is very hard to insert the microUSB reversely but such could break the inner contact plate.
2. The USB controller in the device could be damaged.