Using PmodIA with Teensy LC

ryan1

Question

Hello!

I am a student in the United States, and I am fairly new to coding, so I apologize in advance if the answer to my questions are relatively simple. I am trying to use the PmodIA board with a Teensy LC. Is this possible? I am using the Arduino IDE and have uploaded the library from the following link:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/pmod/pmodia/start?_ga=2.217729375.87039399.1596572684-1671610707.1594657381

Specifically, I downloaded the "Library and MPIDE Example" zip file. I made a couple of edits to the library cpp file in the IA() function--I was getting an "assigning to an array from an initializer list" error unless I declared the register buffers (i.e. ControlData, StartFreqData, etc) as bytes (i.e. byte ControlData = {0}). It now compiles just fine, and I can upload the IA_Wire.pde example fine. However, when I go to the serial terminal, I don't see anything printed, so I can't start calibrating. I added a couple lines of code to turn on an LED to make sure the script is uploaded fine, and it is. Does anyone know what the issue might be? This is my first time using the PmodIA and a Teensy, so I'm not sure what the first step in debugging is and I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. 

Thank you in advance!

EDIT1: Nevermind, I know the problem. Looks like the library isn't super compatible with Teensy. I'm writing up my own scripts, will upload if I remember. Sorry!

1 answer to this question

Archived