Sign in to follow this  
JColvin

CoolRunner-II development software

Question

A customer on our website asked:

I bought a CoolRunner-II CPLD Starter Board. Can you give me a link to download the xilinx development software that works with it?
Thanks

The response is below.

7 answers to this question

Hi,

The software you are looking for is Xilinx's ISE. The download page for it is available on their website here.

Feel free to post on the Forum if you have any more questions!

Thanks,
JColvin

@ddowning1327,

If you look through the reference manual, you'll find that the CoolRunner II CPLD starter board uses a XC2C256 CPLD (that's the 256 macro-cell CoolRunner II), in a TQ144 package.  I didn't see anywhere what speed grade they placed on the board, so I picked the slowest (-6, vs -7).

All put together, I've attached a screen show showing what your ISE selection window should look like.

Dan

coolcpld.png

Hello,

We're in the process of getting the Resource Center updated; I'm confirming if the -7 rating is accurate.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hello,

I have confirmed that the speed grade is indeed -7 and have updated the Resource Center to reflect this. The full FPGA part wasn't listed on the Resource Center (I didn't update it since I couldn't figure out an easy way to make it visually look good without having to break that one section into three different lines), but it is XC2C256-7TQ144C. The "-7" indicates the speed grade, and the "C" at the end indicates that it is a commercial grade part. 

I'll work on getting the other FPGA pages updated as I notice them.

Thanks for helping bring this to light.

JColvin