CoolRunner-II development software

JColvin

Question

A customer on our website asked:

I bought a CoolRunner-II CPLD Starter Board. Can you give me a link to download the xilinx development software that works with it?
Thanks

The response is below.

7 answers to this question

@ddowning1327,

If you look through the reference manual, you'll find that the CoolRunner II CPLD starter board uses a XC2C256 CPLD (that's the 256 macro-cell CoolRunner II), in a TQ144 package.  I didn't see anywhere what speed grade they placed on the board, so I picked the slowest (-6, vs -7).

All put together, I've attached a screen show showing what your ISE selection window should look like.

Dan

coolcpld.png

Wow!  I really struggled to find the official speed grade of the CoolRunner II Starter Board.  It's not posted in the schematic, or the reference page.  I had to dig into an XML (.xise) file to find -7 (what @ddowning1327 uses above).  Shouldn't this be posted on the resource page?

Dan

Hello,

I have confirmed that the speed grade is indeed -7 and have updated the Resource Center to reflect this. The full FPGA part wasn't listed on the Resource Center (I didn't update it since I couldn't figure out an easy way to make it visually look good without having to break that one section into three different lines), but it is XC2C256-7TQ144C. The "-7" indicates the speed grade, and the "C" at the end indicates that it is a commercial grade part. 

I'll work on getting the other FPGA pages updated as I notice them.

Thanks for helping bring this to light.

JColvin

Archived