liblinxdevice dll

Rcam

Question

Hi,

Are the sources for the windows liblinxdevice.dll available. I have searched in several places but can only find dummy stub function type source files.

I believe that chipkit WF32 is not included in Linx for the 2020 communit Labview. What makes the LINX 2014 version incompatible with the community 2020 version?

I can talk to the board using Linx commands via the serial port but believe that buffered input/output goes through the dll when using Labview and would like to get a bit more information on what this requires.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hi @Rcam,

From my understanding NI did all of the migration and work involved from LINX 2014 to LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition, so I'm not certain what boards are compatible with the new . The liblinxdevice.dll that was used with LINX 2014 is available on Digilent's GitHub here: https://github.com/Digilent/LINX/blob/master/LabVIEW/vi.lib/MakerHub/LINX/Resources/liblinxdevice.dll.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin, Many thanks however is it possible to get the source of the dll rather than just the .dll itself? I would be interested in any version just to understand what it does and see what might be possible for using this board with the 2020 community edition.

Also, am I right in thinking that only a single output value can be sent to each output per LINX command or is there some other command that allows a buffer of values to be sent? AnalogWrite seems to only have single sample options for 1 or N channels.

Thanks

Hi @Rcam,

I don't know where the source for the .dll is or where it might be.

However, LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition should work just fine with the WF32. I just ran a VI on the WF32 with the Pmod TMP3 VI. I had to use the LINX Firmware Wizard first to configure the board to be able to talk to LabVIEW in the first place, but it otherwise worked without issues.

The only way that I am aware of for a buffer of values/commands that could be sent would be to create a Custom Command (https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=learn:tutorials:libraries:linx:misc:custom_command_example) where you effectively send out N pieces of data and the receiving board parses those different incoming values as different types of commands to execute, probably via a switch-case setup.

Thanks,
JColvin

WF32_TMP3.vi

Archived