Clyde

Problems with Petalinux and rootfs

Question

All,

I am building my linux image for the Zedboard and it all goes along swimmingly until the very end when it dies with the rootfs.   The message I get is The postinstall intercept hook 'update_font_cache' failed.  This is the only error in the whole process.

One other concern I have, is in watching the build happen, I see what looks like files associated with Vivado 19.2 being used.  My build was created with 17.4.  However, none of these files being grabbed from the Yocto project throw any errors.

Any hints here?   BTW, I don't want to move up to 19.2 at this time.

Clyde

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

My build

What are you referring to?
yocto build, petalinux build or vivado build?

linux image for the Zedboard

Again what tool are you using ?
yocto, petalinux, buildroot, no tool (manual), others ?

My first guess is to check build logs.

You are cryptic about what you are doing.
I see a dog barking like a Cat that looks like a bird. I do not want the bird to be light just heavy dark. :) You get what I mean.
Please be more specific. There are to many moving parts to follow correctly and not wrongly assume that I have understood the issue.

For example: petalinux uses yocto internally there is also Vivado exported hardware: hdf/xsa that is used by petailunx/yocto that can have a different version than that of yocto | petaliunx.

If you are using yocto which task for rootfs recipe is failing?
Also what image you are trying to build petalinu-image-minimal or some other non xilinx related image like core-image-minimal?

Take time and attach logs if necessary.

Edited by Ionel

Sorry, I will rephrase my question with much more detail and clarity, but for now, one thing that I don't understand is Petalinux seems to be grabbing Yocto files in the build that go with a later version of Vivado.  That is, from 2019.2 when I am using 2017.4.   Again, I will will spell out exactly what I am doing and where it falls apart.  So much is right... it just dies at the very end of the build, so, I am very close and I have a whole lot correct.

What version for petaliunx is in .petalinux/metadata ?

Try `petalinux-build -x mrproper` to do cleanup before rebuilding.

Did you pull any changes from 2019.2 in meta-user or other meta-* layers?
Did you made any changes to /petalinux/install/directory/ ?

Edited by Ionel