Firmware demo Spartan-3 starters board Rev.E

Alectronic

Question

Hi Digilent,

The starter board Rev E had a nice demo sample in its firmware. Sadly I unattendedly flashed it 

instantly with Xilinx ISE v.14.6 instead of making a copy of that nice example which also gave a perfect demo as test.

Is there any link or option to get that demo back that had a nice VGA and 7 segment firmware presentation?

I asked the seller from whom I bought the Spartan3 board, but he never was able to provide that file.

I hope someone still has that VHDL file. Even as it is only a tekst file on PDF that would be great, and I would type it in myself if need be.

Best regards.

5 answers to this question

Hi @Alectronic,

Are you referring to the Spartan 3E board? I don't think we have the out-of-box demo available (or at least I haven't found it), though we do have some reference designs for it on it's Resource Center, https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/programmable-logic/spartan-3e/start, which may be helpful to you.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks JColvin, Great! I think you found the Spartan demo file for the Spartan3 Rev.E I was talking about.

I will try that Spartan demo to see if it is the original file I lost accidentally, just by touching the mouse or mouse pad unattendidly on the wrong moment in Xilinx ISE 14.6. I already tested another one with a similar text that sadly was different.

So I've my hopes up this is the original demo that was flashed into my board when I got it.

Have a great evening!

Alectronic.

Archived