Wifi on Cora-Z7-10

Mike Boich

Question

I have a project on a Digilent Cora-Z7-10 board, and would like to use a wireless USB device that is based on the Realtek 8192cu.  I see that this rtl8192cu module exists in the linux 4.9 source tree, but I'm not sure how to get Petalinux to build/include it.  I'm using Petalinux 2017_4, since that's the version supported by Digilent's BSP.)

When I do a "petalinux-config -c" kernel, there's an entry under DeviceDrivers/Network Device Support/Wireless LAN/Realtek Devices.  I enabled this option, but the description says that this doesn't directly affect the kernel, but causes the config program to ask for more data when configuring the kernel.  Since this normally happens behind the scenes with Petalinux, I'm not sure how to proceed.

thx

Mike Boich

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Ionel said:

Will open kernel menuconfig you can enable what configuration you need for your driver. Also include firmware for your device

Now I see that you are correct, but that I had to enable certain other networking options before the menu items I needed would actually appear in the kernel menuconfig.  Thanks.

Archived