Ethernet on nexys 4

guynumber30

Question

Hello, i have been trying to implement the Ethernet core from https://www.fpga-cores.com/tutorials/ethernet-on-nexys-4-ddr-artix-7-fpga-board/ into the nexys 4 non ddr version. i got the program to compile and have changed the LED constraints because they are the only pins that are different but im not getting anything to appear, the link lights on the board do turn on but when i do -arp a i dont see the board in the LAN, the core also does not appear in the fpga probe. also the purpose of my project is just to send packet information to the board without using vitis. I am not sure if this is the direction i should be headed in. any insight would be useful thank you. 

2 answers to this question

Hi,

how did you instantiate the component (static IP, DHCP)?

Do you connect directly to your PC?

If you connect directly to your PC that must be configured as static IP with the same sub-net as the FPGA.

Note that it could be problems if your PC Ethernet uses same sub net as your WiFi

20 hours ago, FCFred said:

Hi,

how did you instantiate the component (static IP, DHCP)?

Do you connect directly to your PC?

If you connect directly to your PC that must be configured as static IP with the same sub-net as the FPGA.

Note that it could be problems if your PC Ethernet uses same sub net as your WiFi

Thanks it worked you’re a lifesaver My pc has 2 Ethernet ports I thought they could be utilized at the same time turns out I just had to unplug the one set up to the Router and set a static it for it. 

Archived