Pro MX7 Board as HID host

shiraazz

Question

Hi,

I am new to the PIC32 famly, I am using MPLAB Harmony v2_06 code to test their basic HID keyboard example.

I am not getting the USB to enumerate the connected keyboard, it stays in the state of waiting for device.

Is this because the BSP is not correct or is there more that I need to be aware about?

2 answers to this question

Hi @shiraazz,

I'm not too familiar with MPLAB Harmony or their demo code, but my understanding is that you will need a couple of pragma statements to get the material to work correctly:

#pragma config UPLLEN = ON

#pragma config UPLLIDIV = DIV_2

There are also some jumpers to configure the Pro MX7 to either be in USB Host or a bus powered device.

Otherwise, it looks like there is has been some known problems with the HID Keyboard example in v2_06 as evidenced by this Microchip forums thread from late 2018.

Thanks,
JColvin

On 7/8/2020 at 7:57 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @shiraazz,

I'm not too familiar with MPLAB Harmony or their demo code, but my understanding is that you will need a couple of pragma statements to get the material to work correctly:

#pragma config UPLLEN = ON

#pragma config UPLLIDIV = DIV_2

There are also some jumpers to configure the Pro MX7 to either be in USB Host or a bus powered device.

Otherwise, it looks like there is has been some known problems with the HID Keyboard example in v2_06 as evidenced by this Microchip forums thread from late 2018.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi, thanks for the help, there was also 2 other USB settings in the config of harmony that I had to set to "ON" and it worked fine.

The problem that I am facing now is that the HID device that I want to create a driver for is causing my board to reset constantly, if I connect another HID device, like a mouse, it does not cause any resets, would you know anything about having such a problem?

Archived