PC debug tool JTAG-HS3

Jonas_A

Question

Hello, 

I develop code for a Xilinx SoC XA Zynq UltraScale+. The JTAG debugger I use is a JTAG-HS3 together with Xilinx SDK. Are there any alternatives to Xilinx SDK? Another PC tool I can use for debugging together with JTAG-.HS3?

Regards, 

Jonas

5 answers to this question

I haven't read about that particular device but I seriously doubt that there's anything about it, compared to other ZYNQ devices that preclude ARM debugging options. Why would Xiinx want to make a device specifically designed for the automotive market harder to use? In terms of the platform design, then that's another matter.

I haven't done an ARM based Intel design for quite a while but, the last time I did it was highly dependent on the ARM toolchain and their boards offered a means for debugging using that toolchain. That's not to say that every inexpensive platform was designed to support it.

I'm assuming that you are working with a custom platform, since you don't seem willing to provide the details of what exactly your platform is. If I were designing an ARM based FPGA platform I would certainly provide a means of debugging the ARM cores using the ARM toolchain.

Is there a specific issue using the Xilinx JTAG port that's preventing you from debugging your code?

Righ now I'm using Xilinx SDK to debug our HW. What I want to know is if there are any alternatives to Xilinx SDK. Are there any other toolchains that support your HS3 JTAG debugger? E.g. does IAR workbench work with HS3?

//Jonas

Archived