Posted (edited)

No, not those kinds of phasers... I'm talking about the much more fun mathematical concept of phasors!

But if you have an Eclypse-Z7, and want to tag along, then you might get a little stunned anyway, so try it out for yourself.

AM_Demo.png

FSK_Demo.png

Tone_Demo.png

EclypseZ7_PhasorToy_release_R041.zip

Edited by zygot
Update

Posted (edited)

Apologies for the typos ( I've found a few since posting ). The picture labeled as FSK is clearly some form of PSK. Stupid fingers have minds of their own.

It would be nice if someone from Digilent tried out the demo as I'd like to know if what I've provided can be duplicated on another PC.

Edited by zygot

Oops... The run.tcl script is missing the last line which is the con command. I've been doing that when testing it and forgot to include it.

No worries, after running the run.tcl script nothing will happen until you type con into the command line. That should get your interaction with PhasorToy started.

I haven't figured out why I always find the mistakes after posting a project... even though I proof read everything a few times.

I was intending to add fan control to the project but this has turned out to be more complicated than it should be. Par for the course, i guess.

I woke up in the middle of the night realizing that I never mentioned which port on the Eclypse-Z7 the demo supported the ZmodDAC1411; it's the ZMODB port. The A port is reserved for a later version using the ZmodADC1410. I choose to take this as a positive sign that at least a few neurons deep within my brain are busy doing some useful work.

Once I get that fan spinning I'll post an update fixing a number of typos and omissions. Currently I'm finishing a XEM7320 version of the demo.