Power switches functionality

wanag

Question

I just purchased the Analog Discovery Studio. I am looking at power supply levels using the voltmeter function. I connected the power pins to the supply rails on the proto board. The voltage  levels are fine but the power switches do not seem to be working since toggling them make no difference to  the voltmeter readings. What exactly are these switches meant to do? 

1 answer to this question

Hi @wanag,

I don't have access to an Analog Discovery Studio while at home to readily test this myself, but it is my understanding that each of the power switches present on the Breadboard Canvas (I presume that is what you mean by proto board) individually enable the four sets of power supply rails (3.3V, 5.0V, +/-12V, and the +/- variable rails) present on the Breadboard Canvas itself.

To test the voltage rails, I would run wires from the + side of Oscilloscope Channel 1 to the desired point to measure, and then the - side to ground, similar to the mock-up image I attached (making sure that the piece of foam under than BreadBoard Canvas is removed).

Is this what you did?

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived