Analog Discovery 2 accessing raw A to D results

P Ross Taylor

Question

We're excited about using the AD2 for a whole bunch of courses in our college as we teach online for the foreseeable future.  One useful feature would be if we could get the raw A to D data from the scope channels so we can use them in LabVIEW.  At this point, niVB_MSO_ReadAnalogDigitalU64 provides the voltages, all cleaned up, instead.  Is there another dwf that provides the raw data, or could this feature be added to the next revision?

At this point, I'm taking the voltage and converting it back to a step count using the step size, but we'd be just a bit more accurate if we had the raw data.

2 answers to this question

Hi @P Ross Taylor,

I'm not too familiar with the NI Virtual Bench functions, but you may want to take a look at the other VI's that are available for the Analog Discovery 2 (and are already part of the LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition if that is an option for you); there are some more details available in this thread here (though note that not all of the available device features are necessarily present in the VI sets):

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

@JColvin, Since asking this question, I installed LabVIEW 2020, and none of the work I had done previously worked in the new build, so not only could I go no further, I couldn't even use the simple solution I had arrived at.  We ended up using a different hardware platform for teaching that particular course.  I still don't have an answer as to why my previous work, done using the tools you pointed me to above, didn't work anymore.  I don't see any updated libraries to match LabVIEW 2020, so there may be something wrong on my end.

Archived