PMODESP32 Initialize

cw2636

Question

I am testing the PMODESP32 on xilinx sdk. I created a microblaze on vivado and launch the sdk to test it. Anytime i initialize the pmod it returns a status of 0. I attached my microblaze design below. The code im using is below. Thank you

#include "xparameters.h"
#include "xil_exception.h"
#include "xil_printf.h"
#include "xtmrctr.h"
#include "xintc.h"
#include <xgpio.h>
#include "PmodESP32.h"
#include <xstatus.h>

#define UART_BASEADDRESS XPAR_PMODESP32_0_AXI_LITE_UART_BASEADDR
#define GPIO_BASEADDRESS XPAR_PMODESP32_0_AXI_LITE_GPIO_BASEADDR

PmodESP32 pmod;

int main(void)
{
    int status = 0;
             status = ESP32_Initialize(&pmod, UART_BASEADDRESS, GPIO_BASEADDRESS);
             if (status != XST_SUCCESS) {
                     xil_printf("Tmrctr fast interrupt Example Failed\r\n");
                     return XST_FAILURE;

}
}

pmod.png

3 answers to this question

Hi @cw2636,

XST_SUCCESS defaults to 0 when it is successful, as per as xstatus.h which I attached a screen capture of.

I would also recommend taking a look at the drivers including the main.c for the Pmod ESP32 if you haven't already: https://github.com/Digilent/vivado-library/tree/master/ip/Pmods/PmodESP32_v1_0/drivers/PmodESP32_v1_0.

Thanks,
JColvin

XST status.png

Thanks for the reply. My main goal is to be able to used the PMODESp32 on a nexys4ddr board. Do you know the best way to test the wifi is working, or point me to something that i can used to send and received data through. I just wanted to test it functionalities

I personally test the WiFi using a two python scripts and it’s working if I wanted to implement that using the example code, how will I go about about it. I had my python script connected to the WiFi and waiting to received input from the network  and tried to send data over from Xilinx but it somehow disconnected

Archived