How can I adjust the voltage output of my sine wave?

crash_override

Question

Hi folks. Trying to increase the voltage that my wave function generator is putting out. 

So far it's only putting out about 1.5 volts with a 100khz sine wave and goes lower in voltage the higher the frequency. Is there any way to get more voltage out of my Analog Discovery 2 via the function generator pin? 

4 answers to this question

Hi @crash_override,

Yes, that is the input on the VI that I used. There may be a different way to do it (there is of course the more convoluted way of having LabVIEW call an external python script that uses the WaveForms SDK functions to control the Analog Discovery 2), but I imagine that's not quite what you are looking for if you are using LabVIEW; I'm not super familiar with the VI sets unfortunately.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thank you very much! That confirms that I was doing it right. Can I possibly use those sdk functions to access the voltmeter?! I'm having a really hard time getting peak to peak data about the waveform that I'm reading in from the positive and negative pins of scope channel 1. I averaged the data and it seems a little closer but it's not near enough of what my extech meter reads.

Archived