HDMI IN/OUT Project-Board Images not set and .xpfm file deleted automatically

soluwadara

Question

Hi,

I recreated this project: https://www.hackster.io/adam-taylor/creating-a-zynq-or-fpga-based-image-processing-platform-e79394  by myself (I did not download the project on GitHub). I've been really struggling to get my vitis project to build. I have tried to look for solutions on this forum. 

1. When I export the hardware from vivado. I get the warning that board images are not set in Hardware Platform. I don't know what that means or how to fix it. I selected for the board I have so I'm not quite sure what to do. See the warning:

Capture.PNG.e7e1198796f17f10e32dbbb9fe2faf8f.PNG

You can see that I did select for the Zybo-20 board when I set up the project:

Capture4.thumb.PNG.fee4337508f8f03c566898110cafe054.PNG

2. When I export to Vitis and I try to build the project, I get this error:

Capture3.PNG.82bc5e9e147042de91d5dd94bda77aed.PNG

Even though when I first created the project the .xpfm is there.

Capture1.PNG.3f24718ae8d030dcc77cfe39eed56452.PNG

Whenever I try to build wrapper or the system separately the .xpfm disappears. For some reason it keeps getting deleted. I have no idea what is wrong. I do have Digilent IP modules in my design but I don't understand what I missing. I have recreated the project several times. I am new to this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. 

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Hi @soluwadara,

I apologize for the long delay; when I encountered this type of error, I regenerated the BSP settings and the .xpfm error disappeared and I was able to run the project as expected (though I don't know why this error occurs, I presume it's leftover from being part of somebody else's computer). I haven't run Adam Taylors example, but Digilent does have HDMI project for the Zybo Z7-20 available on our GitHub here: https://github.com/Digilent/Zybo-Z7-20-HDMI.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived