saveacquisitions=1
device.id=3
device.config=0
device.sn=SN:210321A680EF
device.name=Discovery2

It is a 'custom compression' based on:
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qbytearray.html#qCompress

Thanks for the quick reply!

I managed to find the sn (it was in the data0.info file under the scope directory).

Its good to know that it is in there somewhere.

Is there a way to extract the workspace without using WaveForms?

The ultimate goal is to have a way to get the serial numbers from a bunch of workspaces in a batch.

I want to use it for 'marking' students online submissions.

Again, thank you,

Hi @Steven McClain

The SN, device name and capture time is also stored in such binary .info files related to acquisition data, for such 'copyright' purposes.

I have modified the Extract to let you select multiple workspaces at once, for next release.

I could also add an interface where you can open multiple files and display in a table information.
There could be multiple scopes and multiple captures in buffers and tabs, we may also want to show information of multiple instruments...

Could you tell me what information you need? Like:
[workspace name, scope capture last date, SN, warning if there are different SNs present... ]

12 minutes ago, attila said:

Hi @Steven McClain

The SN, device name and capture time is also stored in such binary .info files related to acquisition data, for such 'copyright' purposes.

I have modified the Extract to let you select multiple workspaces at once, for next release.

I could also add an interface where you can open multiple files and display in a table information.
There could be multiple scopes and multiple captures in buffers and tabs, we may also want to show information of multiple instruments...

Could you tell me what information you need? Like:
[workspace name, scope capture last date, SN, warning if there are different SNs present... ]

Generally speaking each student will have their own (single) AD2 device.  We expect them to perform 'lab activities' and then submit results for marking.

I want to make sure that each student uses their own device to generate the files and prevent getting a single student's work multiple times.

So, I would like a tool that can confirm that all of the data was generated by a single instrument with a list of serial numbers and workspace names.

Any date-stamps or other corroborations would be nice.

We just got these devices and we are planning on using them for student lab work from home.  I am not sure exactly how the WaveForms tool will be used.   There will be many teachers , using it in many different ways, for many different courses :)

(still) again thanks for the quick reply.

Hi @Steven McClain

The last beta version adds the following Compare tool under Workspace menu:
https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/8908-waveforms-beta-download/

The duplicate Save Device (serial numbers of the device when the project was saved) are highlighted
It is also highlighted when Scope Data (SN of the capture device) does not match the save device or captures with multiple devices are present.
The table can be selected and copy-pasted to spreadsheet editors.

image.png.78e3953727c896403397fa92c053fc9e.png

3 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @Steven McClain

The last beta version adds the following Compare tool under Workspace menu:
https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/8908-waveforms-beta-download/

The duplicate Save Device (serial numbers of the device when the project was saved) are highlighted
It is also highlighted when Scope Data (SN of the capture device) does not match the save device or captures with multiple devices are present.
The table can be selected and copy-pasted to spreadsheet editors.

image.png.78e3953727c896403397fa92c053fc9e.png

That is AWESOME!  This looks like it will do the trick.   Thank you so much for this, I will pass this on to my colleagues.

49 minutes ago, attila said:

Hi @Steven McClain

The next version will add other instruments to compare.

Let me know if you have any other observation or request.

image.thumb.png.71886cd601416a7fd7f4ac0566e43cbc.png

Wow.   Excellent!   This will certainly be a useful tool.  I can only think of a couple of things for the wish list.

Save results as text (or csv).

A way to run as a batch?   I may have 40 or 50 students.  I would like to point it to a directory full of workspace files and get a report.

Archived