Digital I/O : Analog Discovery 2

dumbguy

Question

Analog Discovery 2

I am looking for a device with which

1. I can monitor 40 digital channels at the same time. The sampling rate is less than 40 Hz.

2. In addition to that I want to be able to also generate a desired signal for these 40 channels that I can feed back to my main board (to test it).

May I kindly ask if Analog Discovery 2 could achieve this.

As i understand, this device has a limit of 16 digital I/0 channels.

Would it be possible to buy a device which could do 40 channels and or could I connect 3 such devices in such a way that the above mentioned aim can be achieved ? 

Thanks to all for your kind feedback !

1 answer to this question

Hi @dumbguy,

I have moved your question to a more appropriate section of the Forum where the engineer more experienced with the WaveForms software will be able to see and respond to your question.

That being said, it is possible to connect multiple Analog Discovery 2's together. This forum thread addresses how this might be done: https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/8787-multiple-ad2-devices-in-single-waveforms-instance/?sortby=date. If you are looking to just use Digital IO though, I might recommend instead using the Digital Discovery, which has a lot more digital IO available to it (though not all of it is capable of outputs).

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived