JESD204B compatible Digilent product?

greig

Question

1 answer to this question

24 minutes ago, greig said:

Which DIgilent FPGA or Zynq based product can support the JESD204B high speed serial interface standard? Is there a good tutorial to get this interfacing functional.

Analog Devices is a good source for information about JESD204 standards ( BTW the latest is JESD204C though I don't know of any devices using it yet ). In theory, either the Nexys Video or the Genesys2 could work as they have an FMC connector with transceiver lanes routed to it. I emphasize theory in italics because I've never heard of anyone actually using a mezzanine card with a JESD204B ADC or DAC successfully on one of those boards. Beware of people suggesting that it could work unless they claim to have actually done a successful project with a specific FPGA board and a specific FMC mezzanine card. There are a number of potholes between could and can that you might not be able to get around. You might find a suitable FPGA board/EVM combination at the ADI website. Texas Instruments also makes a few JESD204 devices but their EVMs require using one of their own custom FPGA based solutions to use an EVM. ADI has pretty good FPGA support. TI does not.

JESD204B PHY interfaces are not like, say 1gE PHY interfaces, in that there's a lot of device specific options to get correct. I'd start with a specific device and read all of the vendors refgerence material to get started if I were you.

This is one topic where I'd really like having someone submit a reply and honestly claim to have designed and verified a JESD204B project for a Digilent FPGA board.

Archived