J995

Question

I left my board connected to my laptop and power to the board was abruptly cut off when the laptop died. I tried to connect the board to a different computer and realized that it no longer turned on. The computer's device manager shows that something is plugged in, but Adept and Vivado are unable to recognize that a device is connected. I was planning to restore the board to it's default setting on Vivado by using a .bin file but received the following error message: "ERROR: [Labtools 27-2269] No devices detected on target localhost:3121/xilinx_tcf/Digilent/210292AA77E6A. Check cable connectivity and that the target board is powered up then use the disconnect_hw_server and connect_hw_server to re-register this hardware target. ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'open_hw_target' failed due to earlier err." I used a voltmeter to test the voltage across the on/off switch and was getting around 3.3V but now get 0.003V. When I tested the switches that control the on-board LEDS, the also produced around 0.003V. Is there a solution to help me with this as the board is brand new?

1 answer to this question

Hi @J995,

It sounds like some of the ICs were probably damaged if you're not getting any voltage across the on/off switch when it is switched on. If the board is still be detected by the host computer but not Adept or Vivado, then EEPROM was probably erased or corrupted though fixing that won't matter much of the rest of the board does not turn on. I presume when you say testing the switches that control the on-board LEDs you are referring to the Out-of-box demo for the which is loaded in the QSPI flash and have the mode jumper set to QSPI?

Depending on when you got the board it could still be under warranty. Otherwise, perhaps it was just the fuse that was damaged which you can test with a multimeter; you can find some more details about this in this thread: .https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/4788-protection-diode-and-fuse-damage/.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived