Analog Discovery 2

fresh147

Question

We are considering the purchase of Analog Discovery 2: 100MS/s USB Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer and Variable Power Supply.

There is something I want to check before purchase.

I know it is compatible with Labview.

I am wondering if I need another program to communicate with Labview and can I use it right away.

Also, I am wondering if I can receive the sampled data one by one whenever it is sampled.

And what is the communication speed with labview?

Thanks for reading.

I am waiting for your answer.

1 answer to this question

Hi @fresh147,

I haven't gotten to see if and how the Analog Discovery 2 works with LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition (I know that there are a couple of other VI sets that work with some older versions of LabVIEW). The other required software will be the WaveForms software, https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/waveforms/waveforms-3/start, which LabVIEW communicates with to control the Analog Discovery 2.

The communication speed with LabVIEW is harder to quantify; the main limitation is that communication with the Analog Discovery 2 occurs over USB 2.0 so loading new configurations to the device can take a few milliseconds, though it is my understanding that LabVIEW will receive all of the measured samples as intended with accurate time stamps. Again, I'm not certain how long it will take for LabVIEW to process the received data and display it (and note that the Analog Discovery 2 is not a "live data" instrument) though.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived