Breadboard Adapter for AD2 - What is it?

JohnnyG

Question

The Ultimate Package came with a Breadboard Adapter for AD.  The package contained the adapter and a small solderless breadboard.  I am trying to figure out a particle application for the adapter?  Are we supposed to solder components and wires to the board or does the adapter and the solderless breadboard somehow work together?

Thanks in advanced,

JohnnyG

4 answers to this question

Hi @JohnnyG,

You can use the board to solder components on it, it has direct connection to the user power supply so you can power your circuit directly from there. However, if you don't want to solder components we placed a small breadboard on the package. You can stick it on the adapter or just place it there. Normally you could use the flywires to connect to a breadboard, but since you don't normally need all the wires and many of them will just get in your way, we placed the right angle connector on the adapter that is directly connected to the Discovery and you can take just what you need on the breadboard using shorter and fewer wires, so your design will be cleaner and you can see the connections easier.

There is also the breadboard breakout in the package that is used to connect directly to a breadboard but that was made after this one. 

I hope this helps,

Bianca

Good morning @Bianca!  Thanks, that makes sense.

I am watching an older video "Analog Discovery Tutorials: Scope 2: Triggered Acquisition"  That video shows the older version of the software.  In one part, they show "load defaults" for the scope.  Is that a feature in the new software?

Thanks again!!!

John

BTW:  Are you really in Romania?

Hi @JohnnyG,

Yes, Bianca is in Romania; one of the Digilent's four branches (see Digilent's About Us page) is located there.

As for the load defaults, I believe the defaults are loaded every time a new WaveForms instance is loaded. I wasn't able to find something like "load/restore default view/window settings" in the new version of WaveForms, but @attila will be better address this feature.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived