MacBook Air Catalina 10.15.4 refuses to open Waveforms

Scott Millett

Question

Hi, I'm a hobbyist brand new to AD2/Waveforms (my AD2 arrived today).  Developing several Arduino projects including a telescope controller.  I just tried to fire up Waveforms to see what the AD2 would do, but Mac refused to open it:

- Downloaded Waveforms DMG four days ago, on May 1st.

- Opened the .dmg today and dragged Waveforms into my apps folder.

- Tried to open it and got a window saying:

"“WaveForms.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

"This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

Anybody know what's going on?

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Scott Millett said:

Hi, I'm a hobbyist brand new to AD2/Waveforms (my AD2 arrived today).  Developing several Arduino projects including a telescope controller.  I just tried to fire up Waveforms to see what the AD2 would do, but Mac refused to open it:

- Downloaded Waveforms DMG four days ago, on May 1st.

- Opened the .dmg today and dragged Waveforms into my apps folder.

- Tried to open it and got a window saying:

"“WaveForms.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

"This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

Anybody know what's going on?

The first time I ran into that, I pulled out a few hairs. 

Give it another try.  When you get that message, go to your system preferences, security & privacy.  You should see a message about allowing the software to install.

I am new to the AD2 and Waveform.... it is AWESOME!!!

Good luck.

JohnnyG

On 5/5/2020 at 8:59 PM, JohnnyG said:

The first time I ran into that, I pulled out a few hairs. 

Give it another try.  When you get that message, go to your system preferences, security & privacy.  You should see a message about allowing the software to install.

I am new to the AD2 and Waveform.... it is AWESOME!!!

Good luck.

JohnnyG

Thanks, Johnny!  That worked.  After I posted the question, I ran into the intro which explained that.  I didn't look hard enough - lesson learned!

-  Scott

Archived