LabView Home/Student 2014 : migrate to 2020 Community or?

dry

Question

While back purchased LabView 2014 Home & Student edition. Just now I saw on forum that there is 2020 Community version now.

Anyone knows, will that Community version have everything that the LabView 2014 Home & Student has?  The 2014 getting dated ,  I would think. 
I don't do anything beyond simple, and mostly for trying out things. And some basic equipment , couple of NI's tools (such as GPIO box and I2C/SPI modules). 

1 answer to this question

Hi @dry,

My understanding is that the Community Edition will have all of the same features as Home Edition (Student Edition was actually more limited in it's feature set than Home). And for what it's worth, it was not Digilent's choice to only have one version of the Home Edition. I believe I posted this on your other thread, but you can view more details about the Community Edition on it's formal page here: https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/labview/select-edition/labview-community-edition.html.

What I do not know is what modules it has since that was one of the limitations of Home Edition (i.e. where it had all of the features of the full LabVIEW development suite, but it didn't have all of the modules, such as the FPGA module). I am finding some of these details out.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived