Welcome!

logansam

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welcome Princeton/Richard,

I hope you like the ARTY board and I hope yo do some very cool things with it. If you do do something with it and want to show us or other people feel free to talk about it in the Project Vault section of the forums. I would very much like to see the software radio you are talking about. Maybe you can involve the ARTY in a project for a certain musical about muppets, haha I hope you have fun with your new board. Happy birthday.

~Bobby

• 1 month later...

Kevin here!  I have had some Digilent boards lying around for a while, but just decided to register on the forum.

I am a MSEE working making custom silicon for Atmel.  So, no FPGA in my day job -- I use Design Compiler,  PrimeTime, Incisive simulator, Formality, and a lot of other weird tools.  I live and work in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area.

I sometimes have projects that I like to work with in the evenings, so I have a couple of Spartan-3E boards.  My first FPGA was a Virtex-2, but I have not really done much with FPGAs in the last few years.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello to All,

My name is MH and I am new to this forum, and I only have a couple of years of experience creating VHDL for Xilinx FPGA's.  I have been designing, testing, and laying out a myriad of printed circuit boards over my almost 20 year career.  Believe it or not I still have a love for this profession.  As I am relatively new to using Digilent Nexys boards I thought this would be a good forum to join to learn and help if I can.

Thanks Sincerely,

MH

• 2 months later...

Hello Digilent, i'am new to this forum and perhaps you have to point me in the right direction in case of misplacements/mistakes.

Reason for joining is a question i have.

I'am a hobbyist and creating 8x8x8 RGB ledcubes. For porting over the code from Arduino 2560 to MAX32 i need the pins i have to use for the SPI and Latch and Output enable for the shifts 74HC595N..  Now using pin2 Latch, pin3 Blank(output Enable) for the shifts.  Pin51 Data Out, pin52 Clock in the SPI (only one uP on board so no SS). But this is not working. Do i have to lower the SPI clockdivider? It's on /2 now.

Thanks for help.

Greetz, Ton

Edited by Powerbuzzer
missing line

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I just joined this forum.

My search for a digital potentiometer (similar to PmodDPOT) but greater than 8-bit resolution brought me here. Please let me know if it exits :)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My name is Petersan and I am a newbie to the forum but not to the Digilent product line.  I purchased the chipKIT Max32 and the network shield awhile ago and I’ve developed a few good projects, classes etc. (education only so far) that I used in the lab (the garage).  My wife got me the chipKIT Wi-Fire and I can wait to cut my teeth on this new board and port my old projects over.  I used to be reluctant at joining any of the forums; but now that I am a bit more involve on some more serious projects, I think there is great benefit to being part the group.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Steve and I need the use of an MSO on occasion while working through Industrial Control problems for my customers. This devices shows promise, wish it was available when I was in College, would have made a great addition to our standard tool kit. I have used LabView as well as NI products over the years, for various projects including high speed shaft straighteners, Balancing equipment, vibration monitoring and mitigation on testing devices, etc... It was good to find a solution that fit for me in a specific price range, and provided a reasonable ADC bit level. The real bonus for me is the fact I can use it on my Linux box instead of having to rely on MS (unlike so many proprietary devices and software I deal with regularly). Kudos to Digilent for openness on their products.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Andrew,

I have been using a chipKit for a few years now, but then I saw the Analog Discovery 2 a couple of months ago, and now I have one !

I'm an electronics tech, mostly in instrumentation, using various tools on the workbenches, but with the AD2 it condenses the amount of test gear required for some activities. At the same time allowing me to produce documented results more quickly, for whatever is under test.    I see possibilities for custom plugin boards, for eg. a component tester, or impedance tester. I am also trying to setup a board to allow FRA of various custom power supply modules, this is going to need an isolated output for the wave gen.

thanks for the opportunities.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...