Welcome!

logansam

Questions will not be answered here, start a new thread in the Technical Forum

Welcome to the Digilent Forum! Our goal is to not only create a place where you can get support for our products, but also a community to share your projects. We are just getting started with our forum, so if there is anything you would like to see or if you would like to make any suggestions, please head over to the suggestions forum and let us know. 

My name is Sam, I am a web developer at Digilent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike,

I've seen you around ZedBoard.org forums, glad you managed to track us down (we are still a little under the radar here). Awesome blog by the way, I'm a big fan. You've got quite the catalog of cool projects. If you ever hit a snag on one of them, just post it here and we'll see what we can do to help. It's also a great place to show off the finished ones if you feel like linking to them.

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, all. My name is Matt and I am a hobbyist and also an electronics technician by trade.

I own a Digilent Analog Discovery w/BNC adapter board, and a Nexys2-1200 w/parallel LCD, also from Digilent. I use TINA and Waveforms, and have the Analog Parts kit and Mastech DMM in your product line. I have worked through most of Real Analog, and all of Real Digital, and have both Digital Design books by Haskell, and the FPGA book listed on your website.

I have used your products and worked through so many of your materials and recommended books because as I have tried each one, I have found it to be a top notch quality resource. My personal favorite *BY FAR* is Real Analog. I do not know the instructor's name, but kudos to that man for clarity of instruction. I have learned much from him. Give him a raise! ;)

I list all this out to give you a bit of background on me before I say this: Please continue making educational materials. Your Analog Discovery product is awesome, but it was Real Analog that elevated me as a technician and budding engineering student and made me want MORE. Real Digital was good, too. There are tons of "entry-level" educational materials on the internet, but they all share a common lack of depth and mathematical rigor. Real Analog was a massive breath of fresh air. As someone who has a casual understanding of calculus, and no idea what a differential equation was when I started Real Analog, I was impressed at the depth of material and simultaneously the ease of learning that the program provided. It made me Google and Youtube things like "Complex Impedance" and "Phasor Diagram" and "Solving Differential Equations", something I had never done before.

For the marketing folks here, I would emphasize the value in having educational materials using your products, akin to the Real Analog-Analog Discovery dichotomy. Make a program teaching microcontrollers (with rigor!) using your ChipKit products. Make a digital course using Basys or Nexys products (or either/both!). That's why I got Haskell's books with my Nexys2, and also why I bought Pong P. Chu's book instead of another FPGA book. I had a lab in my hand that the *book used*.

If you build it, they will come; and buy the accessories, to boot.

P.S. Thanks for everything your company has done. You're awesome, and I recommend you to every amateur, student, hobbyist, ham radio operator, and some professionals that I know.

Hi, all. My name is Matt and I am a hobbyist and also an electronics technician by trade.

Hi Matt, welcome to our forum! It is only a few months old and we want it to become a valuable place that people can turn to for technical questions as well as sharing their experiences and projects, and to give us feedback. 

Digilent was founded by professors that needed materials to teach their own classes, and other professors adopted what they created to use in their own courses. We are first and foremost an education company, and we will continue to create learning material around our products. If you haven't seen it already, check out learn.digilentinc.com, this is where we will publish new course-style content. If you are interested in FPGA, there is an intro to FPGA course, if you go to the list of all projects and click the filter "Digital/FPGA" you will find all the projects associated with that course. Likewise with the microcontrollers. If you have any feedback or suggestions about learn, the forum or our products, head over to the Suggestions section of the forum. If you have any projects you'd like to share, head over to the Project Vault!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

My name is Serge, I work for MIPS (now Imagination Technologies) doing simulators for verification. Microcontrollers are my hobby, and I have several pet projects, like: RetroBSD, LiteBSD, QEMU for pic32, pic32sim, pic32prog and ejtagproxy. I use Max32, WF32 and WiFire boards, and some pmods.

Thank you.

Hi Yall,

My name is Robert or Bobby, Which ever you prefer. I'm a junior Electrical Engineering major at the University of Idaho. All of our labs are using Digilent boards such as the Cerebot MX7cK pic32 for my Microcontrollers lab. It's all very exciting and new. I love the challenge being presented to me and it's making my semester great. Thanks for doing what you guys do best!

With Professional and Platonic Love,

Bobby or Robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all.

My name's Radosław, I'm new to this forum, but not new to Digilent. I've been using your products for 3 years now. When it comes to programmable logic, I started with CoolRunner II Kit, then upgraded to Nexys 3 (which using most often). In the meantime I acquired Cmod C2 and S6 (which is awesomest small board ever). I also have three chipKITs, Analog Parts Kit and a bunch of Pmods!

Regards, Radosław

• 1 month later...