Let me tell you why I HATE Digilent

JohnnyG

Introduction:  I bought my fist computer in 1978 while I was in the military.  After the military, I went to an electronics trade school (RETS) and then in August 1980, I got a job as a data center printer (Xerox 9700) Service Technician for Xerox.  In 1983 I became the youngest System Support Engineer (SSE) in the company.  An SSE is a regional support position, I covered from NY to Maimi but spent most of my time in the Philadelphia area (there were a few of us in the region).  I provided 4th level hardware support and 1st level operating system software support for those printers.  In 1990 I made the jump into sales (Xerox DocuTech) and these days I sell enterprise software.

I decided to get back into electronics as a hobby.  So far, I have a Brymen BM869s meter, a DER EE DE-5000 LCR meter, a Siglent SPD3303X-E (hacked to an X) a Jabe UD-1200 soldering station and a few other odds and ends. I was going to add an oscilloscope to my work bench but got so many recommendations for the Analog Discovery that I just had to buy one.  If I still need a scope later on, I will get one then.

While I am waiting on the AD2 to get here (I bought the Ultimate Package), I loaded the WaveForms software.  I have to say, I am impressed with the software and I can't wait for the hardware to get here.

Now let me tell you why I hate Digelent.  I have watched several videos about some of Digelent's other products and now, I WANT TO BUY EVERYTHING IN THEIR STORE!!! How dare they make interesting products that would keep me learning for the rest of my life. Don't they know that I want to retire someday and I won't have the money to buy EVERYTHING?  OMG Digilent!!!

Let's get serious for a second.  Obviously, I am quite impressed with Digilent and they have supported me very well through the buying process... and BTW: I really do want to buy everything in the store.

Thanks Digilent!

JohnnyG

I do have to say that I was concerned when I initially clicked on this thread...but I think I'll let it stay. ?

Please let us know if you have any questions about using the products!

Thanks,
JColvin

P.S. I definitely sent this forum thread to our Scopes and Instruments product manager with minimal context to see what her reaction is.

On 4/28/2020 at 7:46 PM, JColvin said:

. I definitely sent this forum thread to our Scopes and Instruments product manager with minimal context to see what her reaction is.

I hope she liked it.

BTW... I have a few more things picked out.  I'll place an order for them soon!  You guys ROCK!!!

Archived