Anvyl Demos and Xilinx ISE Project files

Siriusly?

Question

I just got my new Anvyl Trainer board up and running and have been programming it with each of the demos using Adept.  I have no issues with programming the board and have tried each demo but I'm having problems loading and viewing the source of some of the projects using Xilinx ISE Project Navigator.  I'm new with this so bear with me but not all the demos have the *.XISE project files.  How do I open and view the sources for the projects without the XISE files?

Edited by Siriusly?

4 answers to this question

Hi @Siriusly?,

Some of them do not come with project files and instead just have Xilinx Platform Studio files to with EDK, though I do see that in the Anvyl_demo_doc.pdf that comes with example projects, a number of the projects are listed to have the ISE project files, but only seem to have the appropriate files to run the project in EDK.

I will ask to see if those are available somewhere though I was not able to find them when I went looking through our archives.

Thanks,
JColvin

Did you have any luck finding any of the ISE project files?  I'm specifically interested in "Chapter 8: Audio Demo" and/or "18.Anvyl_Audio_Digital" project for ISE as I don't have Xilinx Platform Studio.

Thanks,

Edited by Siriusly?

Hi @Victorswlim,

I'm not sure if you are specifically asking about the Anvyl, but the Anvyl as a Spartan 6 device is not compatible with Xilinx's Vivado software. All of the existing materials that we have for the Anvyl are available on it's Resource Center here: https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/anvyl/start.

Thanks,
JColvin