Covid-19 20% discount to engineers

fgaryamy

So Digilent is giving a 20% discount for the Digital Discovery (and other items), then turning around and charging 10% tax on the order. The net result is a 12 % discount. What gives. What bothers me is not that I don't appreciate the discount ... what I don't appreciate is being lied to. 

Oh, and they're NOT charging tax on the other items (those not discounted).

Well, after getting the same results after emptying my cart and adding it back in, I did this:

I emptied the cart again. I then added one other item. Then I requested shipping and tax. NO TAX. (as usual for me). Then I added the Digital discovery to the cart. Requested shipping and Tax. NO TAX...... amazing. Checked out with everything I wanted tax free as is usual.

Hi @fgaryamy,

We hear you what you are saying; unfortunately Digilent doesn't have control over sales tax percentages and regulations. If you have questions about how tax is applied or those types of details about your order you are welcome to contact sales@digilentinc.com who will be able to answer those questions with far more accuracy than those of us here on the Forum can provide.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived