nesting Digial and or Analog Discoverys, and scriptin Digital Discovery information

EdM

1)  Can you nest a Digital and Analog Discovery2?  I need more digital I/O for my project then what is supported by my Digital Discovery.

I have an Analog Discovery2 and tried to connect them to the same computer and WaveForms wouldn't allow me to select both at the same time.

Is there a way to connect more then one device and drive them with WaveForms or something else?

2) Everything I have read about scripting seem to be for the Analog Discoveries is there a better reference that you can point me to that will better describe the interface/ports for the Digital Discoveries?

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Hi @EdM,

You will need a separate WaveForms instance to be able to control both the Analog Discovery 2 and the Digital Discovery. You can see some more details (and additional threads) on how to do this in this forum thread: https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/8787-multiple-ad2-devices-in-single-waveforms-instance/.

In terms of scripting, my understanding is that the the objects and properties within the script will retain the same names, you will just have a different handle that you call (at least for WaveForms SDK material which you can find examples for in the link contained on the "Welcome" tab within the WaveForms GUI in the upper right; it will say "To create custom application, see WaveForms SDK."

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks, That might come in handy in the future. 

I really need to drive 40 or more digital signals and they need to be some what synchronized.  If I could use two Digital Discoveries in one WaveForm instance that would be best but if I still need two instances I will see if I could use some sort of trigger to sync them.

I'm trying to pre test a logic pattern before we build our test equipment.  I will check out the links that you sent.

Thanks for the assistance.

Archived