Waveforms will not work on Windows 10 64-bit operating system

etbetten

Question

Not sure if this is the correct thread, just made the account to post this since I cannot find anyone having a similar issue. So I am trying to install Waveforms. I am running a 64 bit operating system with Windows 10. Basically everything seems fine until after install. Any time I try and run Waveforms it doesnt run and I get an error message that reads exactly as:

"The code cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Issue is I have tried un-installing and re-installing around four times now, including just re-installing without uninstalling the original download. I found a thread on Digilent that had some .exe's for repairing/installing Visual C++ and I have tried those to no avail. This system error shows up three times as well, so I believe the program is trying to launch and is missing some kind of pre-requisite software but from what I can see I have everything. I am sure its a 64 bit operating system, I am sure its Windows 10, and I know that the AD2 is not the problem, as it is not plugged in and it was working fine on my buddies laptop.

Please help, I need this to work on my Senior Project during the quarantine and having these installation problems has put me behind, does anyone know where I can find this .dll and where I would need to place it for the software to work properly?

Cheers,

Eric Bettencourt

4 answers to this question

I had a similar problem where Waveforms appeared to install correctly but would not find my Explorer board.

I use an "administered" Windows 10 machine, my normal account is a user, not an admin.  I installed Waveforms by giving the installer my local administrator account and password, but this DID NOT WORK.  I uninstalled.

I logged out of my account, and *logged in to the local administrator account*.  I ran the install, checking the box to "install for all users" and it completed correctly.  Now the Explorer is CORRECTLY recognized in either account.  I have seen this behavior before installing Windows 10 applications.  The offer by the OS to "let this installer make changes" fails in a silent and subtle way. *Running the install when logged in as admin does work*.

Archived