Altium Files

elAmericano

Question

Hello,

I am working with Arty A7 and Arty Z7 dev boards with various PMODS building up a platform for imaging readout.  While these are useful getting started, I will soon need to roll out a board with some customized routing. 

I notice many of the schematics and design files are shared in pdf.  Are any of these schematic/layout files avialble in Altium for boostrapping some of these custom designs off the open source boards?  This would really help accelerate FPGA design projects.  I noticed Altium has some open source daughter boards, but this would be a better solution.

If these are not open source, please let me know, I may be mistaken.  If there is some kind of availability, please let me know how to proceed. 

Thanks,

Jerome

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Yes, I somewhat anticipated this response.  The company i work for would be interested in such a boot strapping design.  If there is some NDA we could have signed, or some other recommended pathway than starting from scratch, I would appreciated.  I have done this in the past with Spartan -3 design , and would like to avoid doing again :) very tedious stuff.

Best Regards,

@elAmericano

Hi Jerome,

To add to Ana-Maria's answer, most of our products are not open source. We have some chipkit boards that are open source and therefore we had published the eagle project with all their files.

The rest of the products are not open source, therefore we are not releasing the project files. We are providing the PDF of the schematic (without the proprietary programming solution) for users to be able to have access to the main components on the board and not rely just on the XDC files when they're developing the projects. It's also a good way to troubleshoot in case something is not behaving as you expect. 

I understand that developing from scratch is a lot of work. I've taken your request to legal department. You have a private message regarding your request....

Bianca

Archived