EEPROMs with Digilent license for JTAG with FT2232

Quemar

Hi,

Thanks.

You do not sell pre-configured EEPROMs, but do you sell a solution to configure a FTDI chip (for exemple FT2232) as a USB JTAG compatible with Xilinx tools.

I need to implement (on my board) a JTAG probe + UART interface (for debug) compatible with Xilinx tools.

Do you provide such solution ?

Marc

@grymoire666: Yes I know. But if you want that your FT2232H chip is recognized as a Xilinx JTAG cable you need to flash a serial number in the EEPROM.

And this serial can't be programmed with FT_PROG.

I'm still waiting on DIGILENT answer to understand how to proceed to buy such serial... They are not very reactive ...

well... if you need something that works, I think the mainstream solution is to buy a licensed module and drop it in on the PCB. Doesn't answer your question but wouldn't be the first time in FPGA land where things "should" be simple but are not.

Besides the Digilent ones, you can also buy a different type from Trenz.  I've used that one quite extensively but suspect that it is limited to 15 MHz operation by the speed of the CPLD device where a plain FTDI chip or the circuitry on e.g. CMOD A7 can manage 30 MHz.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, JColvin said:

Hi @Quemar,

I will send you in a PM the contact information of the correct Digilent representative who will be able to discuss the licensing options with you for our solution that we have.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin,

I'd like to have the contact info of Digilent representative too.

Thanks,

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/23/2020 at 2:00 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @Quemar,

I will send you in a PM the contact information of the correct Digilent representative who will be able to discuss the licensing options with you for our solution that we have.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin could you also PM me the contact information please. I seem to be in the same boat as everyone else

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...