PCAM 5C WITH ZEDBOARD

Question

Hi.,

Im trying to run the project available in Github for Pcam 5C camera with Zedboard using FMC Adapter.

Upto bit stream is done and exported to SDK Successfully.

After creating Application and adding files it is showing errors.

Kindly help regarding this

Version: Vivado 2018.2.1

Edited by BANDI

Hi Vicent,

the folllwing are errors

1. Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
fatal error: uart.h: No such file or directory    uart_ps.c    /new/uart    line 61    C/C++ Problem

2.Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
make: *** [uart/uart_ps.o] Error 1    new             C/C++ Problem

3. Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
recipe for target 'uart/uart_ps.o' failed    subdir.mk    /new/Debug/uart    line 18    C/C++ Problem

#include <stdarg.h>
#include "../../src/uart/uart.h"                            // here one error

# Each subdirectory must supply rules for building sources it contributes
uart/%.o: ../uart/%.c                                                                                                                     //here another error
    @echo 'Building file: $<'
    @echo 'Invoking: ARM v7 g++ compiler'
    arm-none-eabi-g++ -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -MT"[email protected]" -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mfpu=vfpv3 -mfloat-abi=hard -I../../pcan_demo_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include -MMD -MP -MF"$(@:%.o=%.d)" -MT"$(@)" -o "[email protected]" "$<"
    @echo 'Finished building: $<'
    @echo ' '

Hi @BANDI,

When you created the new application project as per the setup guide listed in the readme for the demo (available here), did you select C++ as the target software language? Additionally, could you show us what appears when you click the "Modify this BSP's Settings" button that on the system.mss tab that you have on your screen?

Otherwise, one thing that I tend to do is to right-click on the BSP folder and have it Regenerate BSP sources to see if that helps SDK resolve some of those errors.

I ran through the Zedboard FMC Adapter demo in Vivado 2018.2 but did not encounter those errors.

Thanks,
JColvin

6 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @BANDI,

When you created the new application project as per the setup guide listed in the readme for the demo (available here), did you select C++ as the target software language? Additionally, could you show us what appears when you click the "Modify this BSP's Settings" button that on the system.mss tab that you have on your screen?

Otherwise, one thing that I tend to do is to right-click on the BSP folder and have it Regenerate BSP sources to see if that helps SDK resolve some of those errors.

I ran through the Zedboard FMC Adapter demo in Vivado 2018.2 but did not encounter those errors.

Thanks,
JColvin

modif.thumb.png.ecf03a554593ef7521976b8410e531b8.png2.thumb.png.c210951681a7f5db7a2fec527a0effa8.png

Hi @BANDI,

Using Ubuntu should not be an issue in this situation as far as I am aware. I do apologize that I wasn't clear in what I was hoping to see on the Modify this BSP's settings page. What I'm looking for is the drivers that were are being used for the MIPI_D_PHY_RX and the video_scaler. I have attached a showing how you can find this screen; you just need to click on the "drivers" dropdown after clicking on the "Modify this BSPs settings" button. Your pop-up is still on the "Overview" dropdown.

image.png

The reason I am asking for this is because the drivers for the MIPI_D_PHY_RX and the video_scaler do not always correctly import the Digilent made driver and just use the "generic" one. If this is the case, you will need to add them in as described in step 16 of the readme.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi.,

Im trying to run the project available in Github for Pcam 5C camera with Zedboard using FMC Adapter.(dual pcam code )

also could you provide the right github link for four cameras connection. 

Upto bit stream is done and exported to SDK Successfully.

After creating Application and  adding the files, I have followed evrything as per given on the github. 

I have tasks to do -- TODO cams sharing same power enable, TODO CSI-2, D-PHY config here.

could you please tell me what changes I need to make and I have zero errors with 1 warning and 2 tasks 

Kindly help regarding this

Version: Vivado 2018.2.1, windows 

Thanks in advance 

Hi @[email protected],

The 4 camera connection is the same GitHub link that is provided in this specific post here: https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/19768-pcam-5c-with-zedboard/?do=findComment&comment=54467. The dual camera GitHub link is available here: https://github.com/Digilent/ZedBoard-FMC-Pcam-Adapter-Dual-Camera.

The warning and 2 infos/tasks I presume you have (the warning and 2 infos I have on my 4 camera FMC project are:

warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]    ZedBoard_FMC_Pcam_Adapter_DEMO_bsp        line 246    C/C++ Problem
Info 1: #pragma message: For the sleep routines, Global timer is being used    xtime_l.h    /ZedBoard_FMC_Pcam_Adapter_DEMO_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include    line 89    C/C++ Problem
Info 2: here    ZedBoard_FMC_Pcam_Adapter_DEMO_bsp        line 247    C/C++ Problem)

can likely be ignored as they are informing you of details that are directly built into the Xilinx material; i.e. the first info message is simply repeating line 89 in xtime_l.h verbatim.

I am a little confused on your tasks. Each of the ports on the FMC Pcam adapter already use the same power enable, PWUP. Additionally, the purpose of the demo is to facilitate the MIPI and CSI-2 communication. The D-PHY was already taken care in the layout of the board.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi, 

thanks for the reply. I tried ignoring these and nothing is displayed or has any message. I cant activate the camera also nor displays any message on the screen. 

Could you please help me with this?? 

Could you please give me  link for four cameras. I have checked with the link here, I cant find hls code (https://github.com/Digilent/ZedBoard-FMC-Pcam-Adapter-DEMO?_ga=2.80883543.1969551905.1593633979-207701440.1588249171) 

--Download the most recent release ZIP archive ("FMC-Pcam-Adapter-2018.2-*.zip") from the "repo's releases" page.--

I cant find the code. 

also this says out of date synthesis. Is that okay to run the code ?? 

Hi @[email protected],

Here is the correct link to the release page: https://github.com/Digilent/ZedBoard-FMC-Pcam-Adapter-DEMO/releases. The link in step 1 of the readme is being corrected as I'm typing.

You will need to generate the bitstream (and the synthesis will be out of date) as per step 4 before exporting the project to SDK.

After the bitstream is generated (for the 2018.2 project, I don't think you need to generate a bitstream for the 2019.1 release), did you then import the sources into the SDK project?

Thanks,
JColvin

As a friendly follow-up, can you attach a picture of your setup so I can double check that the flatwire cables are attached correctly?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @[email protected],

The cables look good. Does the camera which looks like it's attached to Port C work? Do you get an errors in the serial terminal with regards to the cameras attached to ports A and B? I presume you are not getting anything on the screen output based on the phrase "I couldn't turn on Port A, Port B cameras"

Thanks,
JColvin

hi 

I would like to know if there is any information about cycle mate. I am developing  a project having two different applications for a pair of PCAM cameras using FMC PCAM adaptor, my cameras aren't working. I need to know if there is any hardware damage because of cycle mate. 
Looking forward for your response. 

Thanks 

have a good day 

Meghana 

Hi Jcolvin 

I  had nothing displayed for two cameras program and Program for dual demo gives fatal error for the "cam" folder of the project. I tried fixing the isssues and It was not solved properly. Also, there was nothing displayed when errors were solved( partially). Thats why I started to use four cameras program, reached out when I had same issue with four cameras code. 

Could you please provide me right link to check two cameras working? So that I can check again Please

Thanks 

have a good day 

meghana 

We are looking at the build issues you are having to see if we can reproduce them.

The issue with two cameras not working is most probably not related, however. Mechanical durability for mating is at least 30 cycles. Re-check cabling, maybe swap Pcams between ports. Also check if there are any messages on the console related to the initialization sequence. There might be errors reported for the non-working cameras.