Simple Question

simonongsk

Question

I am new to this field. I am looking for a development board  that have the below functionalities:

My background: A bit of C++ , a bit of Arduino , well in C# and many years of PLC (Programmable Logic Control).

here is what i am looking for

I believe in ARM world they called it as GPIO /PWM?

a) Minimum 3 Analogue Input (0 to 10V)

b) Minimum 4 Analogue Output (0 to 10V)

c) Some Digital Input/Output

d)  a Capacitive Touch Display

e) What kind of Development tool I should look at?

f)  This will be tough.....What kind of learning curve should i expect?

Thanks

Simon

4 answers to this question

I'll offer an unexpected answer: Get anything cheap (OK, maybe not Arduino) that goes in the right direction and get your hands dirty. Consider it disposable and plan for another board when you know more more answer your questions yourself. What I read between the lines, is "high risk that you fail with what you're asking for", say 99+ % so I wouldn't really do you a favor if I'd point you towards board A or B.

1 hour ago, xc6lx45 said:

I'll offer an unexpected answer: Get anything cheap (OK, maybe not Arduino) that goes in the right direction and get your hands dirty. Consider it disposable and plan for another board when you know more more answer your questions yourself. What I read between the lines, is "high risk that you fail with what you're asking for", say 99+ % so I wouldn't really do you a favor if I'd point you towards board A or B.

wow , this can easily done with a PLC and finish the work in 20 minutes. As I said, I am not looking at Arduino, in fact my sons had a few. 

Seriously? Where ts Digilent Admin??? I am looking at a development board, I am not going to use a PLC. I seriously looking at a board that I can use for Prototyping and then Production.

but I am looking at programming tool that similar to to Ardunio.  Some one from DigiLent or some one had gone through what I had been doing for the pass weeks googling for the right solution ???

23 hours ago, simonongsk said:

Seriously?

I'm afraid yes - it looks like your requirements are based on what typical PLC modules offer and that's a totally different world than here, where 3.3 V is already considered "high voltage" (not literally).

Probably you'll have to pick modules for the IO (taking one at  random: relay driver up to 40 V) but it'll turn into a patchwork of boards that's hard to sell as a product.
If I had to come up with hardware, I'd consider a raspberry Pi with a supported display and make a minimal two-layer PCB for the higher voltage interface circuitry. Or replace the raspberry with a LPC1768 MBED if an adequate display can be found (both are expensive but easy to get started / learning curve).

BTW, even if you find some obscure board that meets your requirements for a product you want to sell, beware of it going EOL.

Archived